Saturday, July 5, 2014

Why Blog?

Welcome to my new blog Sew This Farm That.  I hope you will find lots of helpful and exciting ideas while you are here.

My name is Julie.  Wife to Richard, mother to Trey and Amber, and grandma to Lawton and Emelyn.
We have two dogs, Jack and Dixie; both of which are rescue dogs.

We are a Christian family that believes in helping others.  We like to live quite, peaceful lives regardless of what is going on around us.

I work a full time job for a financial institution, and my husband is a local truck driver.   In my spare time I am the Chapter Coordinator for the Catawba Valley Chapter of Project Linus.  If you are not familiar with Project Linus, we make blankets for children who are ill or traumatized in any way.  In Richard's spare time, he is the farmer.

My son Trey is married to a wonderful young lady named Ashley.  They have blessed me with two beautiful grandchildren.  My daughter Amber is currently in college studying to be a Veterinary Technician.

Why Blog?  Since I was a child I wanted to be a writer.  I can remember in school one of my favorite subjects was spelling.  My teacher would tell us to take at least 15 of our spelling words and write a paragraph using the words with their correct meaning.

Needless to say my writing has been used for family poems and stories I have written throughout the years. Some of which I will share with you as time goes on.

While at a Quilt Show where I was promoting Project Linus, I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in awhile.   She started helping me with our local chapter, and we soon became a great team.   One thing Brenna loves to do is blog.  And the more she talked about it, the more I wanted to do it.

I thought I would wait until I had more time to spare, but alas, that day will never come.  So here we are, July 4, 2014, starting a blog where I can write to my heart's content.

I hope you enjoy your time spent with us.








No comments:

Post a Comment